No Mess Pie Tin Mac and Cheese Camping Recipe
After spending the day floating on the river and enjoying the five-star amenities we have at Nueces River RV and Cabin Resort, it’s time to sit back and relax with some campsite comfort food. The following Mac and Cheese camping recipe can be prepped and stored in your RV fridge before you leave and is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
Prepare This Camping Recipe Ahead
You can, of course, prepare this camping recipe at the campsite, but cooking it is super easy if you prep before your trip. The measurements below will make four servings if you are using mini pie tins.
Ingredients to Prep at Home
- 4 Small Aluminum Pie Tins
- Aluminum Foil
- 1 ½ cups of elbow pasta
- ½ jar of alfredo sauce
- ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup of Half & Half
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Cook the elbow pasta, then drain and rinse under cool water.
2. Once the pasta has cooled, stir in the cheddar, parmesan, mozzarella, alfredo sauce, half & half, and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Divide up between 4 mini aluminum pie tins and sprinkle some more cheese on top.
4. Cover the tins with aluminum foil and seal them as tightly as possible.
5. Store in an RV fridge for up to 4 days.
At The Campsite
At Nueces River RV and Cabin Resort, every site comes with a BBQ pit for your campsite cooking convenience. So once you are ready to prepare your Pie Tin Mac and Cheese, you will want to get your BBQ pit nice and hot.
Before you heat the prepped mac and cheese, it would be a good idea to cook any toppers you want to add, like hotdogs, sausage, etc.
Let’s Get Cookin’
1. Place the prepared pie tin on the cooking rack of your BBQ pit for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
2. Carefully remove the hot pie tin from the BBQ and set it aside for a few minutes to cool.
3. Remove the foil and add your desired toppings.
The nice thing about this camping recipe is there are no dishes to clean once you’re done. That’s less time in the kitchen and more time with the family on your relaxing getaway at Nueces River RV and Cabin Resort!